Full Time IB School
12 Feb 21
Key Skills : Visual Arts
Job Title: Senior School Teacher - Visual Arts ( MYP & DP)
Reports to - Section Head
Main working relationships - Section Head – IB, Programme Coordinator, Subject HODs, Teachers
- Ability to communicate with understanding and effectiveness to have a positive impact on others.
- Be culturally aware and respectful of differences.
- Encourage development of self and others, to achieve and go beyond the IB and Neev mission.
- Explore and identify the best and most ethical approach, taking personal responsibility, meeting challenges and resolving problems in delivering results to a high standard.
- Work to support and develop collaboration within and across teams.
- Have the courage, forethought and independence of spirit to use change and/or continuous development in a socially responsible manner.
- Implement the IB’s strategic plan to meet the medium and long term needs, mission and values of Neev.
Qualification: - Bachelor in Fine Arts, Masters in Fine Arts
Experience: - Minimum 3 years teaching experience in IBDP teaching
Day to day Responsibilities:
- Educate students by planning and developing courses of study according to Neev curriculum guidelines and school requirements.
- Tailor and differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of student’s levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
- Develop and present lesson plans by using a variety of teaching models and techniques.
- Planning the indoor and outdoor environment in order to provide a positive, creative and stimulating context for learning and teaching.
- Preparation of resources to support delivery of the curriculum indoors and outdoors.
- Observe, monitor and assess students on-going progress. Prepare assignments and tests for in-school assessment and homework.
- Maintain good disciplinary order and child safety standards in the classrooms, on school campus, and while on bus and vigilance duties.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy educational environment on campus and on field trips.
- Undertake pastoral duties, such as supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties;
- Keep parents informed of children’s progress by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and participation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed through PTMs and diary notes.
- Provide student support services for additional study periods, student clubs and activities (ICL), field trips, school events such as Sarvajeet Divas and Neev Utsav, Lit Fest, Spotlight, Sleepover etc.
- Update job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities recommended and supported by Neev; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Invigilation duties for all Senior School teachers up to 10 hours a year.
This Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. The updated version will be made available to your team and any changes will reflect in the same and imply a change in your duties. You will be kept informed of the same by your lead. If you are given additional responsibilities of a temporary nature through mutual discussions with your Leader, then the JD for the additional role will be explained to you.